Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Quezon City Public Library: Making its mark
Transcript of Quezon City Public Library: Making its mark
and PARENTS thru educational puppetshows 6. ENCOURAGE FEEDBACK FROM USERS Vision Future Plans:
1. Establishment of District Libraries
2. Renovation of functioning branch libraries
3. Provision of additional and needed books and magazines for the branches
4. Hiring of permanent librarians
5. New ID and services with fees: printing and charging of laptops PROVIDE RESOURCES TO SPECIALLY-ABLED
Computers in all branches are now equipped with adaptive software (i.e. Non Visual Desktop Access (NVDA) - open source screen reader software)
2011 - 1 Main library, 15 Branches and 53 computers
2012 - 1 or 2 branches with section for the Blind and Visually Impaired 7. HELP OTHER LIBRARIES
Modernized library facilities and services that will enhance, support and develop the learning and research of its clienteles.
World class public library where all scholarly information are easily accessed.
Provide the basic condition to lifelong learning that will help increase the literacy level of the city.
Provide access to all printed cultural, historical, intellectual and literary heritage of the country and other information sources. Hello!
Welcome to Quezon City Public Library Mission 2010 = 40 sessions
2011 = 207 sessions
2012 = 152 sessions Budget for books
2010 - Php 9 M; 2011 - Php 3.5 Million
2010 - 24 titles; 2011 - 32 titles 2010 - 21 puppetshows
2011 - 14 puppetshows
2012 - 16 puppetshows 2010 - 30 students
2011 - 466 students
10 branches with tutorials
16 branches are internet connected and with WIFI access Tara na sa ating aklatan!
www.qcpubliclibrary.org Internet connection is managed centrally by the Main library.
Routers is situated inside the library and managed by the librarian in charge for unhampered internet connection
We make available databases which are CREDIBLE and AUTHORITATIVE.
We also digitized some collection such as the QC Ordinances and Resolutions.
We also employ OPEN SOURCE and WEB BASED filtering software. 3. Gave recommendations on how to improve the e-library:
library with adequate space
computers in good and working condition
internet connection with routers located inside
skilled, full time librarian Don Alejandro Roces Sr. Science Technology Strategies J. P. Laurel HS Dona Rosario HS Emilio Aguinaldo ES E. Rodriguez ES Betty Lou Community Library Barangay Masagana Community Library Mines ES Batasan Hills ES QCPL is very much willing to assist QC Division Office as long as all the requirements mentioned above are present. QCPL already assisted QC Division Office:
1. Gave books to selected schools
2. Assisted in library organization to selected schools 4. Conducted a 40 hour training to the e-librarians:
ALL participants were able to create their own blogs with ask-a-librarian and important information about the library and school
Links: http://qcpublicschoollibrarians.blogspot.com/ Thank You and Good Day!