Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
How to Make a CO2 Car
Transcript of How to Make a CO2 Car
Being Aerodynamic: How air passes over
Weight: The lighter the car the faster the movement
Symmetrical: Keep the car symmetrical so it goes straight
Thickness: Do not make it too thin because it creates weak spots and it can break Cutting & Painting The Wood When the CO2 is complete, you will race it
and see who exactly has the best car.
Good Luck, and Godspeed. How to Make a CO2 Car What is Required The Design After you have drawn your design, you need to cut where you have marked.
To do this you must go to the band saw and cut out your design.
Where ever you have long cuts in your vehicle, you must make "relief cuts" to prevent from breaking the band.
The "relief cuts" are perpendicular to the original cut and there are very many "relief cuts" that go along an original cut.
Keep your fingers two inches away from the blade.
As you cut, push the wood through slowly so you do not break the blade.
After cutting, you must sand and/or file your wood until it becomes nice and soft. There should not be any rough spots because it effects its aerodynamics and when you paint it.
After that, you can now paint your vehicle however you like. If you want designs, use the painters tape to do so. 1. Create points at each end of the car three centimeters to the inside and one centimeter from the bottom
2. Drill a hole with the drill press at each point
3. Draw a X on the back of the car with lines going to their diagonals
4. Use the proper drill size and drill a hole two inches deep Wheels and Axles From the beginning where you have drilled your axle holes, you must place your wheels there.
To do so you must place the axle inside the hole place a washer on each side and put the smaller wheels on the front axle and the larger wheels on the back axle.
Also, when you race, you must put the hooks around each axle and drill those into the wood.
After that, you are ready to race.