Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Career Shadowing At Bead Safari by: Ashley Hendrickson
Transcript of Career Shadowing At Bead Safari by: Ashley Hendrickson
at Bead Safari with Debbie Carlton What is the purpose of Bead Safari where will Bead Safari be in 15 years What employability skills are needed to work for this company The average salary and education needed to work at Bead Safari The technology used in this job The skills needed for this job are Would I pursue a career with this company What did I like the best about this job What did I dislike the most about this job Pictures The purpose of Bead Safari is that it is an everyday craft store for people that enjoy making jewelry. People that have a hobby of making jewelry can buy beads from here. Debbie has many different beads hanging on her walls to give people a variety of colors and designs to choose from. Bead Safari will be in the same location at 5367 North Socrum Loop Road. The owner does not plan on moving because she just moved her location and it will be her one year anniversary at that location in May. The owner does not plan on expanding any more, she says that the shop is the biggest she is going to have it. The technology used at Bead Safari is:
**A Fax Machine**
**A Copy Machine** All the education you need for running a bead shop is a high school diploma. The average salary that owners of a bead shop make ranges but the minimum of approximately $35,000 a year. In order for a bead shop owner to hire you they want you to have these skills:
The thing that I like about the thought of being a bead store owner is that you get to help and give people advice on making there jewelry. I personally would give free beading classes like my mentor does because everybody needs a hobby they enjoy. I would not pursue this career as my first main job but it would most likely be my second job that I would do for a hobby or for fun. **They want you to be honest/ trust worthy**
**Get along with people**
**Do your assigned work**
**want you to know how to bead** -Be on Time
-no horse playing
-Do assigned work
1. Be on time to open up the store to get the early shoppers.
2. Do not horse play while working because that will make it seem like you don't know what you are doing and plus you could brake something.
3. You have to do your assigned work because if you don't then your shop will become dirty and unorganized making it difficult on your shoppers to find what they are looking for and may cause them not to return for any business with you.
4. No fighting with other people that you may work with because it can cause chaos to the shop and most likely scare away your customers.
Beads Safari's website can be found at www.bead-safari.com
There is not really anything that I don't like about this job. The only problem that I might not like about it is the shipping of beads. Buying beads can be difficult online because you cannot find trust worthy companies that much to buy from.