Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
The Football project
Transcript of The Football project
2. 5.0 m/s impacts on a leather helmet had equal to superior to the same test on modern day helmets
3. 60% of former N.F.L players had concussions from football Facts Nick Cullum
Austin Willoughby http://bjsm.bmj.com/content/42/2/110.short (protective headgear on head injuries ) Amnesia
Nausea Symptoms of Concussions Headache
Dyspepsia (upset stomach)
Tinnitus (hearing non-existing sounds)
Depression 2003 Patents Filed 2005 2008 X2 Impact Mouth Guard Equipment that already exists today... continued.... sensor helmets Facts Greg Twomey
Email: email@example.com Statement of Purpose Problem Statement X2 Impact Expert
Email: •Children under 4 years, older adolescents aged 15 to 19 years, and adults aged 65 years and older are most likely to sustain a TBI. http://www.cdc.gov/traumaticbraininjury/statistics.html Used in the Modern World xenith Michael W. Collins, Ph.D
firstname.lastname@example.org 4. 20.2% of the Former N.F.L players have been found to have depression after 3 or more concussions
5. Up to 40% of football players receive concussions each year
6. Lower IQ's have been connected to concussions Facts http://www.cnn.com/2012/09/05/health/nfl-neurodegenerative-disease/index.html "Pain is vital." From Sensations by Discovery Channel nfl neurodegenrative disease Stephen P Shmitz PH.D.
Director, The Brain and Behavior Clinic
Clinical and Scientific Adcisor Competition
Riddell Revolution® IQ HITS Helmet
This includes helmet and Hit System This helmet was the first helmet to record every frequency and severity of impacts to a player received during games and practices.
You have to buy the antenna separately from the helmet and system $309.99 USD Xenith X1
W/ Shock Bonnet This helmet has padding to adsorb the the amount of force when hit in the head and reduces the movent of the skull& brain.
https://www.xenith.com/fusiontrends/customize.do?method=customizeImage&com_id=4&linkid=412&mapid=413&rootname=Configured%20Product https://www.xenith.com/page/menu_0/13738.html Riddell Revolution IQ this helmet cradles the player head within a cushion of air for fit.
This helmet doesnt really help prevent concussions beacuse makin the helmet tighter doesnt really stop the brain from moving whit hit. Gerard A. Gioia PH.D.
Chief Division of Pediatric Neuropsychology
Director, Safe Concussion Outcome http://www.riddell.com/shop-riddell/helmet/revolution-iq-helmet/ http://www.riddell.com/shop-riddell/helmet/riddell-revolution-iq-hits-helmet/ https://shop.riddell.com/riddell/app/displayApp/ http://popplet.com/app/#/627698 solutions Hit System: We choose helmet led due to the points from the matrix, but will incorporate aspects of the others constraints http://popplet.com/app/index.php#/679801