Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Balto
The Dog Who Saved Nome
Balto saved Nome by going through harsh snow blizards.Finally,he got the medicine,took it back to Nome,and saved the people there.Balto became
Margaret Davidson was born on April 21 1871.She was the british wife of the colonial governor of the New South Wales.She was named Dame commander of the order of the British empire for her work with the Red Cross Society and the Scouting and girls guided in New South Wales.She died October
Other Interesting Facts
Balto (1919 – March 14, 1933) was a jet black Siberian husky sled dog who led his team on the final leg of the 1925 serum run to Nome, in which diphtheria antitoxin was transported from Anchorage, Alaska, to Nenana, Alaska, by train and then to Nome by dog sled to combat an outbreak of the disease.
The origin of the city's name "Nome" is still under argument. The name may have been given by Nome's founder, Jafet Lindeberg: within trekking distance of his childhood home in Kvænangen, Norway, there is a Nome valley.
Summary For Balto
Why? He was able to save Nome by going through harsh blizzards
What? Balto is a dog who saved hundreds of people.
When? 1919-March 14 1933
Where? Nome, Alaska
How? He lead the group of dogs so they were able to make it to Nome.
Balto saved the city of Nome.
The Dog Who Saved Nome
Stone Fox entered a
Balto are both dogs
5 Facts About Balto
5 opinions about Balto
1.Its amazing Balto could save Nome
2. I like that Balto was able to lead the group of dogs through the huge blizzard and keep them under control.
3. I love that even through the very, very harsh blizzards, he made it
4. I think he is very important, because, there`s a statue of him in NYC
5. I like that Balto was able to help Gunner Kasson from getting hurt through the blizzard
1.It was very cold in Nome, Alaska
2. Nome, Alaska gets a lot of snow
Both of them live where its freezing
Summary For Stone Fox
Why? Willy could win the money to pay the taxes on the farm.
What? Willy entered the race.
When? At 10:00 a.m. on Saturday at the old church.
Where? The race was by the old church.
How? If Willy competed in the race.
3. Balto save a lot of people
Reynolds was born in Lancaster, Pennsylvania, one of nine surviving children of John Reynolds (1787–1853) and Lydia Moore Reynolds (1794–1843). Two of his brothers were James LeFevre Reynolds, Quartermaster General of Pennsylvania, and Rear Admiral Will Reynolds. Prior to his military training, Reynolds studied in nearby Lititz, about 6 miles from his home in Lancaster. Next he attended a school in Long Green, Maryland, and finally the Lancaster County Academy.
5 opinions for Stone Fox
5 Facts about Stone Fox
1. Willy was amazing to win the race
Balto had to save a lot of people
4. Balto risked his life for people
1. Willy entered a race
2. Searchlight became a sled dog to do the race with Willy
3. It`s cold where Willy lives
5. He was named after Samuel Balto
2. Willy was brave to enter that race
3. I can`t believe Willy would enter a race to save his farm
4. I like that at a young, Willy was taking care of his grandfather
5. I like the character of Willy because he is so thoughtful
4. Willy was sure he was going to win the race
5. Stone Fox wanted to win the money so he could take his home land back
Cause and Effect for Balto
1. People in Nome, Alaska were dying from diptheria
1. Balto and Gunner Kasson went to save them