Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Copy of Reflexives
Transcript of Copy of Reflexives
Reflexive Sentences w/ 2 verbs
are NOT optional
What are Reflexives?
Notice that all these verbs describe actions that are done to or for oneself
(o>ue) - to go to bed
Afeitarse - to shave oneself
- to take a bath
(2nd e>ie) -to wake up
Dormirse(o>ue) - to fall asleep
- to take a shower
- to wash oneself
Maquillarse - to put on makeup
- to get up
- to comb one's hair
Ponerse - to put on
- to dry oneself
Reflexives should be used when an action is being done to one self
Example: He wants to shave himself
Él quiere afeitar
Yo = ME
Tú = TE
Nosotros = NOS
Vosotros = OS
A verb is reflexive when the subject and the object are the same
I wash myself=Me lavo.
Él se afeita diariamente.=
He shaves himself daily.
Being done to one's self
Reflexive sentences w/
Put the reflexive pronoun
Ellas se secan
Quick Tip! : If you plan on using subject pronouns such as "Yo" or "Nosotros" then place these
the reflexive pronoun ex:
(Ella) se peina.
(Yo) me peino
Ella & Yo are optional because the conjugated verb tells you who is doing the action.
1) You can either put reflexive pronouns before the first verb (in
2) Or you can put them attached to the second verb (in
Play this very detailed video
for enhanced studying and
complete clarification on
reflexive verbs and pronouns.
Video is 9 minutes long. Don't let that discourage you. Listen, pause, take notes, fast forward where needed.
Verbs in red are from Ch. 2
.....There are others...these are just a few.
For fun and helpful hints on using reflexive pronouns.
...3 minutes 11 seconds
Take this practice quiz.
1. Yo _ _ tarde siempre.
(I always get up late.)
2. Nosotros _ _los dientes diariamente.
(We brush our teeth daily.)
3. Quiero _ antes de ir a la escuela.
(I want to take a bath before going to school.)
4. Hay que _ temprano los lunes.
(It's necessary to go to bed early on Mondays.)
5. Puedes _ antes de practicar la flauta.
(You can get dressed before practicing the flute.)
6.Ella se levanta después de _.
(She gets up after she wakes up.)
1. me levanto
2. nos cepillamos