Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Sea Sheperd Organization
Transcript of Sea Sheperd Organization
Thoughts about organization
This is a great organization because they are defending the species from going extinct from the act of poachers. The organization has grown throughout the world and teaming up with different organizations that wish to help. From the previous years they have succeeded.
How could we help?
History of organization
The history of their efforts to defend the whales goes back to 1975 when Captain Paul Watson was 1st Mate on the first Greenpeace voyage to protect the whales. In June of 1975, Captain Watson and Robert Hunter became the first people ever to risk their lives to protect a whale when they placed themselves in a small inflatable Zodiac to block the deadly harpoons of the Soviet whaling fleet.
In order to help this organization reach its goal is to donate and take interest in what they are doing because not only are they protecting the whales from extinction, they are also trying to save the reef from dying off
1) Host a local beach or marine debris clean up.
2) Host a 'Reef Awareness' event
3) Sign the petitions and help circulate through social media networks and at local events.
Join the Cove Guardians and Help Stop the Senseless Slaughter of Dolphins in Taiji, Japan
The slaughter of 20,000 dolphins, porpoises, and small whales occurs in Japan each year. Starting on September 1st and usually continuing through March of the next year, fishermen herd whole families of small cetaceans into a shallow bays and stab and drown them to death.
The Organization is committed to try their best to find and stop the japanese fisherman ships from causing harm to the sea creatures and hopefully put a end to this cruelty