Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of u4l6
Fantine is about to be arrested by Monsieur Javert
Get your Springboard book, then copy down the EQ and word of the day
Answer the following question in your notebook.
Imagine that you are about to be arrested. Write 3-4 sentences in which you are speaking to the officer.
Which rhetorical appeal did you use (ethos, pathos, or logos)? Why?
Thursday, March 12th
Write a TEXAS paragraph answering the following question:
Which rhetorical appeal does Fantine use and what does it reveal about her character?
What can the use of a rhetorical appeal reveal about the speaker? The audience?
If a speaker uses pathos, for example, what does that say about both him/her and the person he/she is appealing to?
What vocal delivery strategies does Fantine use? (tone, pause, pitch, volume, pace)
Does she use rhetorical appeals?
Use SOAPSTONE to determine how Fantine is being characterized
Use SOAPSTONE to annotate the text
Highlight or underline evidence of rhetorical appeals
(Hint: Topic sentence "Fantine uses the rhetorical appeal ______, revealing that she is a _________