Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Ted Bundy
of Ted Bundy Group 11:
Anthony Let The Crimes Begin The Fallout The Nature of His Crimes Down to the Very Last Detail Caught Once and For All Ted's Victimology Crimes The First Arrest The "New Ted" Childhood College Teen Life Only The Beginning -Born on November 24, 1946 to Eleanor Louise Cowell ; father never officially identified
- Grew up to believe his grandparents were his real parents in Burlington, Vermont
- His birth mother, Eleanor, was thought to be his sister and he resented her for the rest of his life. She later married someone else and Ted got a stepdad
- At age 3, Theodore Robert Bundy became fascinated with knives
- A member of the boy scouts and little league baseball
- Exposed to sexual content and violence by his Grandfather
- Remembered by classmates as a happy, intelligent, well like child. However, he didn`t understand interpersonal relationships. - Shyness -> Socially awkward in high school
- Met his first love in 1967 (in college)
- Got a scholarship to Stanford to impress her
- She decided he wasn't 'husband material"
- Break up -> Depression
- He learned the truth about his family
-Arrested at least twice on suspicion of burglary and auto theft - Police attempted to stop him for driving violation
- He tried to evade arrest, speeding through stop signs
- He was then arrested on suspicion of burglary due to the items in his car
- Items : Handcuffs, an ice pick, a crowbar, ski mask, passenger seat, and more.
- He sold his car but authorities found hair from Melissa Smith and Carol DaRonch
-He was identified in a number of line-ups but was
released on insufficient evidence -He began by breaking in dormitories, apartments,... killing woman while they were asleep
-He later wore an arm sling, asking for help carrying a load of books to his brown or tan Volkswagen Beetle
-His killing method of choice was blunt force trauma and strangulation
-Disguised himself as an officer or firefighter
-He left behind little physical evidence and DNA profiling wasn't perfected yet
- Often committed killings with crowbars or knives because he preferred silent killings
- Asked for help or used a sob story to get a women's attention
-He kept some severed heads of his victims as trophies -After bringing his victim to the second location, he would ritualistically remove their clothing. He would next burn the clothes to leave no physical evidence.
-He would return later to preform necrophilia, grooming them, and even taking pictures to remember
- He was only able preform when drunk
- Killed women in Washington, Oregon, Colorado, Utah, Idaho, and Florida
- He confessed to 36 killings but is suspected to have
have killed more than a 100 - February 9,1978 Bundy kills 12 year old Kimberly Leach
- In a week of her disappearance, Bundy arrested for driving a stolen car
- eyewitnesses declared Bundy as the intruder in Kimberly's dorm
- turned down plea bargain where he would admit to the killings of the two sorority women and Kimberly Leach in exchange for three 25 year sentences
-trial in Florida: June 25,1979 . calm, defended himself;
Guilty with charges for murdering the two sorority women; two death sentences with electric chair
- January 7, 1980 Trial for Kimberly Leach: found guilty with third death sentence
-behavior much different from previous : anger fits, short-tempered, slouchy, mean look -He joined Governor Daniel J. Evans's reelection campaign
-He was accepted into the University of Utah as a law
-His past girlfriend fell for the "New Ted" and he cheated
on Elizabeth Kloepfer for her
-Afterward, he broke off his relationship with her
-Ted began skipping his classes until leaving entirely
as women started to disappear -Went to University of Puget Sound and then University of Washington
- His shyness turned into "bravado" (boldness that was fake)
- He rarely dated despite his popularity
- He was keenly interested in politics
- Excelled and earned a bachelor's degree in psychology Trial & Execution -He was found capable to stand trial and was his own defense attorney
- Found guilty in the Kimberly Leach trial
- Exchanged vows and were officially married while he was questioning Carole Anne Boone (the defense witness)
- Shortly thereafter, Ted was sent to be executed
- Executed on January 24, 1989 in the electric chair -On 1974 , January 4 his first victim was Joni Lenz
-he beat her with a crowbar while she slept and used a bed rod to sexually assault her
-she woke up in a coma, survived attack but suffered from brain damage
-Lynda Ann Healy was the next victim on January 31
- he broke into room, knocked her unconscious
- removed her pajamas, dressed her in jeans, shirt , and carried her out wrapped in a bedsheet
- in July he killed two women at Lakeside Park near Seattle his method : asking for help to move his boat onto the lake
- approx. 10 women killed in Washington, Utah, and Oregon.
- Jan.14,1977 broke into Florida State University's Chi Omega Sorority house : 2 beat and strangled to death , 2 injured -He looked for female college students at a rate of once
-They had to be young, attractive, white college students with hair parted in the middle, ages 15-25
- often resembled his first love, Stephanie Brooks
-He purposely stayed away from anyone he has met before Other Info -Several victims never found, questions left unanswered
- Towards end of his trial, he helped authorities by giving them insights on the psychology of killers
-Tried to help capture the Green River Killer
- Escaped twice from prison
- IQ of 124
- 3 TV movies and 1 featured film made about his crimes and himself
- One of the most feared killers in U.S History
- after execution, guards reported of seeing figure in the electric chair smiling, many assuming to be Ted Bundy's ghost Bilbiography http://crime.about.com/od/serial/p/tedbundy.htm
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0120421/bio The Series of Arrests and Trials -In February 1976 Bundy stood trial for the DaRonch kidnapping, forfeiting his right to a jury on the advice of his attorney, due to the publicity surrounding the case.
-After a four-day trial and a weekend of deliberation, he was found guilty of kidnapping and assault. He was sentenced to one to 15 years in the Utah State Prison on June 30.
-Was transferred from Garfield County jail to Pitkin County Courthouse in Aspen where he wanted to serve as his own attorney.
-He escaped during the recess by jumping out the window
-He later escaped again by sawing his way out He Couldn`t Hide for Long -He tried to live a normal life in Florida after his escape but reverted back to pick pocketing
-One week after his arrival in Tallahassee—Bundy entered FSU's Chi Omega sorority house through a rear door with a faulty lock.
-He brutally attacked 4 girls in less than 15 minutes and people near by heard nothing
-He continued to kill young females in Florida and stealing numerous cars Ted Bundy's Mind -Bundy underwent multiple psychiatric examinations but the experts' conclusions varied.
-Some questioned if he had a a multiple person disorder due to his behavior described in interviews and court testimony
-He was thought to be a sociopath or psychopath due to his lack of guilt and emotions
-Ted blamed everything on pornography and television. He also accuses society of not doing anything to others
- He then went into denial of doing anything wrong "Guilt doesn't solve anything, really," he said in 1981. "It hurts you ... I guess I am in the enviable position of not having to deal with guilt." “We serial killers are your sons, we are your husbands, we are everywhere. And there will be more of your children dead tomorrow” “I didn't know what made people want to be friends. I didn't know what made people attractive to one another. I didn't know what underlay social interactions. “ “What's one less person on the face of the earth, anyway?” “I just liked to kill, I wanted to kill.” “You feel the last bit of breath leaving their body. You're looking into their eyes. A person in that situation is God!” “Murder is not about lust and it's not about violence. It's about possession.” “I don't feel guilty for anything. I feel sorry for people who feel guilt.” “… I deserve, certainly, the most extreme punishment society has and society deserves to be protected from me and from others like me, that's for sure.” “Well-meaning, decent people will condemn the behavior of a Ted Bundy, while they're walking past a magazine rack full of the very kinds of things that send young kids down the road to be Ted Bundys.” “I'm the most cold-hearted son-of-a-bitch you'll ever meet.” “I've met a lot of men who were motivated to commit violence just like me. And without exception, without question, every one of them was deeply involved in pornography. “