Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in the manual
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Pollution and Degradation of the Lithosphere
Chelsea Lon 6 November 2014
Transcript of Pollution and Degradation of the Lithosphere
Pollution and Degradation
Effects of Farming
Excessive Use of Pesticides
Continual Crop Rotation
How Does This Happen?
Definition: loss of soil fertility
- World population increasing
- Need more food
Led to: heavy farming machines
- side effect of this machinery
This leads to:
- Soil lacking oxygen
- Rain run off
No time for the soil
- kill micro-organisms, insects etc
- reduce soil balance
- decrease biodiversity
Definition: abnormal presence of a
harmful substance in an environment
Leaks from gas-stations
Leak water from landfills
- sulphuric acid and nitric acid
mixed in with the rain water
- acidified soil can't keep plant nutrients
- kills micro-organisms
- slows plant growth