Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of New Delhi
New Delhi Population In Millions
7th most densely populated city in the world
With so many vehicles in New Delhi...
The air quality is becoming very hazardous
Waste will have exceeded landfill capacity by 2020.
An extra 28km2 of landfills will be needed to cope with demand.
85% of households don't have a rubbish pick-up system.
Quality of Life
A large proportion of sewage flows into the Yamuna River.
Poor New Delhi
18.7% of people live in slums.
The average income per capita is $2300 USD.
52% live without basic services like water, electricity, sewage systems or proper housing.
Rich New Delhi
In 2010, a terminal 3 was opened at the Gandhi International Airport.
It cost $3 billion USD to build.
Airport can now handle an extra 34 million passengers per year.
Supply is at 650 million gallons per day.
Demand is at over 960 million gallons per day.
The shortfall is met by water pumps.
Residents often suffer a water shortage.
With 9.3% of all abductions, New Delhi has the highest proportion across India.
New Delhi has 16.2% of all crime throughout India, which is the highest amount.