Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Response to Intervention
Transcript of Response to Intervention
Response to Intervention
What do you know about RtI?
what is it?
What interventions have you tried?
How do you know they were working?
By the time you leave today, you will know what RtI is, but more importantly, how you implement it within your classroom.
RtI within grade levels/ RtI team
RtI Tiers 1,2,3
RtI vs Discrepancy Model
who came up with this?
Why do we use it?
Turn and talk
Does RTI Address Challenging Behavior?
shift from IQ to student progress
not something a teacher makes up.
Has been used before!
Read 180/Math intervention can be
tier 2 or 3
Tier 1 vs Tier 2
Improved tier 1 instruction
will reduce the need for other tiers!!!
student success team
content area representatives
special education teacher
contributes to data in grade level meeting
can help implement RtI strategies
collects data from interventions/ progress monitoring
open communication with parents
6th, 7th, 8th grade level representatives
Testing / 504 / ARD???
Building Review Committee
3. Use Data to Design the Plan
Math Problem Solving
to the core curriculum to help students with significant deficits reach proficiency
develop plan for student
Work with referring teacher
Meets to review progress as needed
intervention for 8 weeks before referral to SpEd
elementary vs. secondary
1. What do you know? What do you still need to know?
2. What do you believe is the core problem?
3. Should the teacher proceed with the RtI process?
4. If yes, what evidence/ supporting documentation does the teacher need to present at Tier 1?
5. Who should be included in the developing the RtI plan/goals?
think through math
Response to Intervention (RtI) Scenarios SAISD Curriculum and Instruction Department
RTI is a
using student data from screening measures to identify students’ at-risk status for learning and behavioral difficulties and provide immediate instructional supports to maximize student achievement.
students’ performance over time
student improvement or “responsive to instruction”
individualized programs for students who do not “respond to instruction”