Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Copy of VA
Transcript of Copy of VA
Adults 'There can be no secrets and no hiding place when it comes to exposing the abuse of vunerable adults ' The Governments White Paper -
'Modernising Social Services'
1998 Structure of this document.
Section 2 covers issues of definition.Sections 3, 4, 5 and 6 provide guidance about the protection from abuse of vulnerable adults by the creation of a multi-agency administrative framework (Section 3), the development of inter-agency policies and strategies (Sections 4 and 5), and the formulation of inter-agency operational procedures designed to implement those policies when instances of abuse or suspected abuse come to light (Section 6). Section 7 discusses the provision of broader guidance for staff, users, carers and members of the public. A vulnerable adult is anyone over the age of ? who is receiving or may be in need of ?? services by reason of ? or other ?, ? or ? and who is unable to take care or protect himself or herself against ? or ? 1. Who is a
Vulnerable Adult? 18
Age or Illness
Harm Or Exploitation. 2. Define ABUSE ? One-off or Repeated act
It may be:
it may be an:
Act of neglect or
an Omission to act
it may be:
Persuasion to enter into a
Financial or Sexual transaction Abuse:
Hitting, slapping, pushing, kicking, misuse of medication, restraint, or inappropriate sanctions; Physical abuse, 1. Recognise a vulnerable adult
2. To define abuse
3. State the categories of abuse
4. Recognise the signs of abuse
5. Know what policy & procedures relate to Safeguarding
6. Know what to do if you suspect or witness abuse 3.Categories of abuse Physical
Professional 4. Recognise the signs of abuse