Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of EASTER
* of course among the decorations you can see colored eggs
* The main symbol of Easter is as in many other European countries the egg and Easter
send it - they're called "teaser letters"in danish gækkebrev
* easter lunch is eaten with family and friends and it contains eggs, sliced meats and fish
* "Danish easter traditions are characterized by a mood of optimism; a natural "waking up" after a long, cold winter - and seeing the spring flowers appear "
* A month before easter Påskeøl or easter beer is starting to appear in shops
* Easter is one of the logest holidays in Denmark
How do people celebrate Easter in:
* Danmark ?
* Here in Bulgaria, egg cracking is good for more than just eating the egg. After the services on Saturday evening in the Church, the clergy blesses the breads and eggs brought by the people and they return with them to their homes. The ritual of tapping the eggs takes place just before the Easter lunch begins. Each person will select his or her egg. Then the people in turn exchange the Easter greeting before tapping their egg against the eggs of others.
* The person who ends up with the last unbroken egg is believed to have a year of good luck.
* A traditional Easter bread is also prepared and it is called козунак (kozunak)
* Bulgarian Easter traditions are a variation of traditional Orthodox Easter traditions. In Bulgarian Easter is Великден (Velikden).
* The traditional Orthodox Paschal greeting is: "Christ has risen!" The answer is: "Indeed He has risen" Христос Воскресе! Воистина Воскресе! - this is the greeting during 40 days after Pascha (Easter)
* The first egg is always painted red to symbolize the blood of Christ and should be put aside - either to be buried in the fields to ensure fertility or kept in the home to bring good luck.
* It is tradition that the eggs are colored on Holy Thursday after the Divine Liturgy.
Easter In Our Countries
* German- Frohe Ostern.
* Bulgarian - Честит Великден (Chestit Velikden)
* Danish - Glædelig påske
German Easter Traditions
The Easter Bunny- The Easter Bunny is the biggest Easter symbol in Germany and is believed to have originated in there.
The Easter Fox- is known instead of the Easter Bunny in some parts of Germany as well as Switzerland
Holidays are on Friday and on Monday of Easter weekend. Usually there is a week or 2 of vacation around Easter holidays.
A lot of German families go to church on the morning of Easter Sunday. After that, the kids search for a basket filled with candy and a small present. The candy usually consists of chocolate eggs and chocolate bunnies.
In some parts of Germany, people light bonfires in the evening of Easter Saturday to symbolize the beginning of Spring.
More German Easter Traditions
The Easter Tree- We hang colored eggs (either real or plastic)from trees/plants in our houses or outside in the garden
Food- traditional Easter lunch consists of lamb, potatoes, and fresh vegetables. For desert, there is a cake that looks like a lamb and is made of simple cake dough.
Easter In Bulgaria
Denmark and Easter
Happy Easter !
Easter in Bulgaria
Days of easter plan :
1. Palm Sunday (Palmesøndag) - Sunday before easter. It is the day when Jesus rode to Jerusalem
2. Maundy Thursday (Skærtorsdag) - Thursday before easter. It marks the day when Jesus had his last meal before crucifixion.
3. Good Friday (Langfredag) - Friday before easter which honors the day when Jesus was crusified
4. Easter (Påskedag) - Third day after Jesus' death. It marks his resurrection. At this day families have a lunch where they eat different kinds of fish, cheese and meat
5. Easter Monday (Anden Påskedag) - this day does not mean anything and is only added to the easter break
6. Gækkebrev - on Valentines day people send letters without signing them. He writes dots that represent the nuber of letters in the senders name. If the person that received it guesses who send it he receives an chocolate egg but if he does not guess it then he has to give an egg to the sender