Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Life of an American Soldier in WW2
Transcript of Life of an American Soldier in WW2
- Only trained for 8 weeks then shipped out
- Long hours of hard, tedious, and boring physical labor Food - Given a diet of "D" and "K" rations that were just calories and carbohydrates to keep them moving (tasted like cat food)
- Water was treated with iodine or halezone tablets to kill the bugs, still tasted great to those who were deprived
- There was french wine and dutch beer available if they were storming through Europe Equipment - Issue uniforms hot in summer, cold in winter, and took a long time to dry
- M1 one-pound steel helmets, worked as a wash basin, a cooking pot, an entrenching tool, a blunt weapon, and even a toilet
- 3 main weapons - M1 Garand, Thompson SMG, and the Browning automatic rifle
- MK II "Frag" Grenade
- A shovel and a canteen Firefights - Daylight was used mostly to cover ground, operations were run at night
- Sleep became a precious thing
- Two types of engagements - Seeing the enemy during a march or assaulting a fortified position Work Cited Dye, Dale. BBC - History - World Wars: GI Joe: US Soldiers of World War Two. BBC, 17 Feb. 2011. Web. 5 Feb. 2013. <http://www.bbc.co.uk/history/worldwars/wwtwo/us_soldiers_01.shtml>.
World War 2. World-War-2.info, 2013. Web. 5 Feb. 2013.
<http://www.world-war-2.info/> Thompson SMG