Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Ten Amazing Facts About The Nervous System
Transcript of Ten Amazing Facts About The Nervous System
Did you know?
1. The male brain weighs on average, about 100 grams more than the average female brain.
2. Men have approximately 6.5 times more grey matter in the brain compared to women. However, women have approximately 10 times more white matter than men.
4. The nervous system is able to transmit impulses at the speed of
By: Maria Barrera, MacGuire Dellinger, and Jason Wise
The Nervous System
The Brain Cells
5. Only 4% of the brain's cells work while the remaining cells are kept in reserve.
7. If all of the neurons in our body were lined up, it would be about
600 miles long.
Milky Way and Nerve Cells
8. There are more nerve cells in the human brain than stars in the entire Milky Way.
6. Blind people do dream. Whether or not they dream in pictures depends on whether they were born blind or lost their vision later. Instead of visual sensations, blind individuals' dreams typically include information from the other senses such as sound, touch, taste, hearing and smell.
3. An adults brain is
times as heavy as a newborn baby's brain but, after the age of 20, the brain loses
in weight every year.
8. Some people(12%) dream in black and white. Some suggest it has to do with childhood exposure to a black and white television. Those who dream in black and white are typically over 55.
Lots of Neurons
9. There are a 100 billion neurons in the brain
Blind Dreams ?