Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
March of Dimes
Transcript of March of Dimes
History of the March of Dimes
Franklin D. Roosevelt, the United States of America’s 32nd president, founded the March of Dimes (MOD) January 3, 1938. The organization emerged amongst the time World War II took place.
Franklin Roosevelt had was diagnosed with polio at age 39 and wasn’t able to walk so he wanted to start an organization to fund research to end this epidemic of polio which Americans new little about. Before the organization was called the March of Dimes it was known as National Foundation of Infantile Paralysis (NFIP).
By the 1950’s there were over 3,000 chapters
I will be working to spread awareness and educate individuals about the defects concerning premature births.
Ways to attract the public
Inform people on what MOD does and its benefits to society
Inspire individuals so the can join the march
Gain support from our public
To passionate parents who may have a baby with a birth defect, or parents expecting a child.
"We help moms have full-term pregnancies and research the problems that threaten the health of babies."