Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Film Studies: Dialogue
Transcript of Film Studies: Dialogue
states the obvious in a way that no reasonable person would actually talk.
Makes use of subtext
is often full of pleasantries, tangents, useless facts, irrelevant details, and interruptions.
doesn't waste time on anything that's not important to the story.
Pleasantries (hello, goodbye)
"On The Nose"
ON THE NOSE = NO BUENO.
(the things we say without even saying them)
WRITING GOOD DIALOGUE ISN'T EASY!
SOME DO IT VERY WELL
OTHERS ARE SUCCESSFUL IN SPITE OF IT.
Good Will Hunting
THREE PAGE CHALLENGES are DUE TOMORROW!
sounds clunky, awkward, and fake.