Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
The Engagement Cube PD
Transcript of The Engagement Cube PD
What Captivates Today's Learners?
Who are you?
Rule #1 Exercise boosts brain power.
Rule #2 The human brain evolved, too.
Rule #3 Every brain is wired differently.
Rule #4 We don't pay attention to boring things.
Rule #5 Repeat to remember.
Rule #6 Remember to repeat.
Rule #7 Sleep well, think well.
Rule #8 Stressed brain don't learn the same way.
Rule #9 Stimulate more of the senses.
Rule #10 Vision trumps all other senses.
Rule #11 Male and female brain are different.
Rule #12 We are powerful and
Engagement vs. Motivation
Inform + Communicate = INFORMATE
Only engages when it experiences an
emotionally competent stimulus
The Engagement Cube
A new approach developed by combining aspects from Phillip Schlechty, Robert Marzano, and Bloom's Taxonomy to engage students and boost long-term and cooperative learning.
moment per class
The brain wants patterns,
Learning should be engaging and accessible
The answer isn't
the WHY is
There was a boy.
The boy was small.
There was a pond.
The boy fell.