Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Pulley system of a Ski Lift
Transcript of Pulley system of a Ski Lift
What simple machine does it use?
Horizontal instead of
the traditional vertical pulley
Why do they use the pulley system?
Efficient & reliable
Effect on Society
Economical impact-Ski tourism
More people will visit
Sports (e.g. Winter olympics)
Makes winter sports easier/less tedious
Whole country is effected (Positive)
Can you imagine a world without pulleys?
Of course the invention of a pulley was not to create the ski lift but without ski lifts how will we ski with ease ?
The Use of the simple machine
The pulley system rotates to drag skiers/snowboarders up a hill or slope.
Some hills can be long and steep
Faster and more efficient than walking or hiking
How does it work?
Giant horizontal pulley wheel is located at bottom and top of hill,
Motors rotate large cable which rotates in perpetual motion.
Mechanism releases spring-loaded grip which secures the cabin to the main cable and is brought onto a treadmill underneath