Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Multiplication: The Box Method
Transcript of Multiplication: The Box Method
Your sum is the product of the two
larger numbers. First, take the two numbers that you are multiplying and
break them down by place value. Next, place the numbers outside of the box. It doesn't matter whether you start on the top or the side, but make sure to keep the partner digits together! You now have a multiplication grid. Multiply the numbers in the corresponding columns and rows. Write your answers in each box. The box method breaks larger numbers up by place value to make the process simpler. While it may take more time than the standard algorithm at first, it is a great way to make sure that mathematicians know why the multiplication process works. 28x17 28 = 20
8 17 = 10
7 28 20 8 17 10 7 20 8 10 7 200 80 140 56 200
+ 56 ___ 476 28
x17 ___ 476