Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
MAC Cosmetics: Organizational Behavior
Transcript of MAC Cosmetics: Organizational Behavior
1. Group member introduction
2. "The Look"
What is M.A.C. Cosmetics?
Within the United States
A Global Presence
SWOT: Strengths & Weaknesses
SWOT: Opportunities & Threats
Who is Selene Brown?
Selene Brown as Part of the
Selene Brown as a Leader
2013 Business Priorities
Mackenzie Renda, Amanda Gabriel, Christina Kaplan, Nick Weber, and Joe Palermo
VIVA GLAM & Seasonal Promotions
- Large selection of colors
- Professional quality products and brushes
- Celebrity endorsements and celebrity loyalty
- Large variety of products
- Available in many retail companies
Bloomingdale's and Nordstrom
- Online shopping
- Works for all ages, races, sexes
- Using their campaigns to help benefit organizations
- Competition (prices and other brands)
- Global competition
- Established companies venturing into the cosmetics industry (Victoria's Secret)
- No discounts
- Discontinuation of certain products
- Fairly new
- Make-up Artist and Assistant Manager
- MAC Cosmetics:
- Willowbrook Mall (2 weeks)
- New York (previously)
- 8 years total with MAC
- Hiring Process
- Previous Experience
- Power Distance
- Leadership Style
What SHOCKED Us:
- SOLD OUT: New Launch
- Nail Polishes
- Mineral Powder Products
- Favorite Celebrity Endorser
- Input on Products
- Where's MAC going?
- New Product Launch
1. Digital Technology (Magic Mirror Project)
3. Traveling Customer
4. Venture Into Unexplored Global Markets
- "Magic Mirror"
- Digital initiatives
- Improve efficiency of consultations
- Product matching
- Traveling customer
- Grow in unexplored global markets
- Cater to the unique culture and demographic
- 75 countries
- "All ages, all races, all genders"
- Best selling high-end makeup in:
Brazil, India, South Africa, Turkey
Daily wage <$2.00
Adjust products and prices
World leaders in dark skin tones
- Headquarters: Manhattan, NY
- Standalone stores
- Shopping centers
- Department stores:
Bloomingdales, Saks Fifth Avenue
- M.A.C. AIDS Foundation
- Frank Angelo & Frank Toskan
- VIVA GLAM
- MAC AIDS Foundation started in 1994
- Frank Angelo and Frank Toskan
- VIVA GLAM
- Celebrity endorsements
- Celebrity endorsements used for:
- Seasonal promotions for MAC
- Word-of-mouth advertising
- Professional make-up artists
- Photo shoots
- Movie sets
- Social media
- YouTube Tutorials
- Brand loyalty
- Products "sell themselves
- Makeup Art Cosmetics: Toronto, Canada
- Frank Angelo (Salon Owner)
- Frank Toskan (Photographer) 1984
- Innovative substitute to "stage makeup"
- Professional and Celebrity Brand Loyalty
- Expansion in New York City 1991
- Acquired by Estee Lauder in 1998
- "All Ages, All Races, All Sexes"
- Hundreds of Colors Available
- A favorite for all demographics
- All personalities "Welcome and Reserved"
- Individualistic Artistic Experience
- Employee Collaboration with Clients
- Products are Purchased as Souvenirs
- Liaison between the company's philosophy and the clients
- Four training sessions throughout the year
- Trained in skills, products and neurolinguistics
Who do YOU believe should be the next face of MAC Cosmetics?