Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Making Inferences - 4th Grade
Transcript of Making Inferences - 4th Grade
You can use these details to figure out information that is not clearly stated or explained.
Whenever you figure out something the author doesn't tell you in a reading, you are making an inference. What is Making an Inference all about? Pay attention to the details in a reading passage. You can use these details to figure out information that is not clearly stated or explained.
Use the details from the reading passage and what you know from your own life to make an inference. Reading Between the Lines - A game of Inference Discovery Activity http://www.philtulga.com/Riddles.html 1) At your table groups, spread the game pieces all around your table face up.
2) Some pieces have the name of an emotion or feeling. The other side has a description or saying.
3) As a team, match the name of the emotion or feeling to the description or saying. I Do.... The Lion & the Spider Making Inferences: Think about what you know, and use what the author tells you to make inferences. We do... The History Mystery Making Inferences: Think about what you know, and use what the author tells you to make inferences. You do... The Gift Making Inferences: Think about what you know, and use what the author tells you to make inferences. Time in Text Activity Inference about the character:
Make an inference about the character:_____________
Reason for your inference:____________ Student Constructed Response "Flying." What motivates the main character? Explain why by using examples from the text.