Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Research Methods in Psychology (copy)
Transcript of Research Methods in Psychology (copy)
Connections Qualitative Quantitative Correlational Types of studies Positive No correlation Negative Seek to describe Quantitative vs Qualitative Naturalistic Archival Survey Experimenter Bias
Blind and double blind studies
Subject bias (self-serving bias)
control groups Construct validity
Intra-rater (test-retest) Does it measure what it purports to Ruscio: "correlation does not imply causation" Stanovich
1. Systematic empiricism
2. Production of public knowledge
3. examination of solvable problems Falsifiability correlation vs causation Vividness problem
Availability heuristic confirmation bias Validity