Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
The Acid (Lemon Juice)
Transcript of The Acid (Lemon Juice)
1. Ranges from a 2 to a 3 on the Ph scale making lemon juice a acid base
2. Contains water, citric acid, phosphoric acid, melic acid, citral, citronellol, pectin, hesperidin, d-limonene, sesquiterpene and phellandrene
3. There is almost no measurable fat or protein in lemon juice.
4. Lemon juice has a very light yellow color
1. Studies indicate that lemon juice can stop the growth of aspergillus mold, and lemon juice has been used to disinfect drinking water and deactivate the rabies virus.
Harmful or Helpful?
1. Lemon Juice contain potassium which helps to control high blood pressure.
2. Regular consumption of the refreshing drink — or even lemon juice mixed with water — may increase the production of urinary citrate, a chemical in the urine that prevents the formation of kidney stones
3. Lemon juice stops bleeding gums and reduces toothaches.
4. Remove refrigerator odors with ease. Dab lemon juice on a cotton ball or sponge and leave it in the fridge for several hours.
Way to go Lemons!
Lemons are a very different kind of fruit. Lemons have a conspicuous amount of uses and hey all fall into one of the 2 categories; Physical or Chemical. Enjoy my prezi and enjoy lots of Lemons!
Lemons may be sour but the reasons supporting them are irresistible.
2. Like other acidic substances, lemon juice is sour and can break down metals. This property makes it a useful ingredient in cleaning products, because it softens the minerals in hard water, allowing the cleaning material to work more effectively.
How is Citric Acid Created?
Citric acid comes from many of our citric fruits. But it is not economical to extract it from the fruit to use for industrial use. It actually comes from a mold and once scientists found how to produce large masses of it, we now can find it in stores worldwide.