Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
LSG - global warming
Transcript of LSG - global warming
on the global scale, the world's temperature is on the climb. What is science behind this phenomenon?
- mainly due to enhanced greenhouse effect What is difference between greenhouse effect and enhanced greenhouse effect?
- due to the excessive increment in greenhouse gases due to human activites, the ability to trap heat increases. what are the greenhouse gases?
CO2 from nitrous oxide from methane CFCs
cooling agent in fridge
aerosol sprays bottomline, the increase in human activities, demand for more goods and services, led to more amount of greenhouse gases being released. what are the impact from global warming? melting of ice shelves some countries experience exceptional dry seasons or erratic climate this greatly affects countries which are dependent on agricultural activities.
- their crops are affected. eventually this may affect other countries as well, due to disruptions to the food supplies. what can be done? global scale national scale individual international agreements
kyoto protocol in 1997
copenhagen summit in 2009
Singapore have various initiatives as well
set up the national climate change committee
energy efficient campaign
award buildings with green energy initiatives
go for public transport
use less plastic
go for biodegrable products