Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Donna Karan
Worked with Anne Klein while in school
Named associate designer within two years
By age 26, named head designer
Debuted her first women's collection in 1985
Her mission was to "design modern clothes for modern people"
Named Designer of the Year from her debut line
1988 launched DKNY
1990 launched DKNY jeans and DKNY for men in 1992
Launched her first perfume in 1992
Since then, many products have been created under DKNY
Timeline & Awards
2001 Sold the company to LVMH, but stayed on as the designer
2003 1st American to receive Fashion Group Internationals "Superstar Award"
2004 Lifetime Achievement Award from CFDA & published her autobiography, "The Journey of a Woman"
In 2008, PETA launched a campaign against her
in 2009, she stated the autumn collection would have no fur, but returned the following year
Has been nicknamed the "Bunny Butcher"
Born October 2, 1948 in New York (65 years old)
Immersed into the world of fashion at a young age
At age 14, she dropped out of school and began selling clothing at a local boutique
1968, accepted into Parsons School of Design