Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Watershed Characteristics
Measurements informing modeling
Better mechanistic understanding of nitrate processes, temporal and spatial variation of nitrogen and water
Refined model parameterizations (i.e. soil parameters) based on field measurements
Use NIRAMS models (Nitrogen Risk Assessment Model for Scotland)
Investigate water pathways (subsurface and GW) to estimate travel times
Pacific Northwest - eastern Washington
Primarily agricultural land use
60% wheat; 20% animal operation (CAFOs) and forage; 10% infrastructure; 10% undeveloped - sagebrush steppe
Initial information collection
AIM: Find watersheds with similar characteristics for initial modeling
1. Remote sensing
3. CUAHSI HydroDesktop
4. National Atmospheric Deposition Program
AIM: Characterize temporal and spatial variation of
(1) hydrologic properties and processes
(2) nitrate (biogeochemical) mechanisms