Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Child Marraige
- informal union before age 18, occurs to both boys and girls, although girls are disproportionately the most affected. Child marriage is widespread and can lead to a lifetime of disadvantage and deprivation
What is child marriage?
EACH YEAR, 15 MILLION GIRLS ARE MARRIED BEFORE THE AGE OF 18.
THAT IS 28 GIRLS EVERY MINUTE.
1 EVERY 2 SECONDS
Child marriage happens across countries, cultures,and religions.
Child marriage is fueled by gender inequality, poverty, traditions, and insecurity.
Child marriage looks different from one community to the next. Solutions must be local and contextual.
Over 700 million women alive today were married as children.
Over 1 in 3 – or some 250 million – were married before 15.
Girls who marry before they turn 18 are less likely to remain in school and more likely to experience domestic violence.
Young teenage girls are more likely to die due to complications in pregnancy and childbirth than women in their 20s
Their infants are more likely to be stillborn or die in the first month of life.
Benefits of ending child marriage
How can we make a change?