Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Food and Meals;
Transcript of Food and Meals;
- Indians may sit around a low table or around
a blanket placed on the floor.
- Many Hindus are vegetarians.
- Indians are known for the spices in their food. Ahimsa - -
- Ahimsa means "noninjury" or "nonviolence".
- The laws state that people should not eat meat,
particulary beef. Common Indian Dishes - -
- Aloo Gobi is a curry dish made of cauliflower and
potatoes. Indian meals are often served with bread,
rice, and side dishes such as yogurt, pickles, and
a spicy fruit relish called chutney. Breads are often
served unleavened, which means they contain no
yeast. Others are Chapatti amd Puri.
Practices - -
- Hindus will often say a prayer called Bhojana Montra
before eating. The diner usually chants, or sings, thanks
to God for the food. Next, she puts water water into her right hand
and then drops it onto the ground. Finally, she puts some more water
into her right hand and sprinkles it over the food to purify it. Hindus and Meals - -
- Hindus typically eat with their hands using the
right hand to eat and the left hand to pick up their drinking glass. Northern indians tend to use only the tips of their fingers. Southern indians typically use their whole hand to eat.