Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Arthur Miller
1. Give some details about Miller's early life and family.
2. What were his major achievements and awards?
3. Describe Miller's appearance before the House Un-American Activities Committee.
4. Describe the effects of the investigation on Miller's writing of The Crucible.
He wrote the crucible as a parallel to what was happening to him. He was being accused of being communist and was pleading for tolerance from Congress and the rest of the country
5. How did Miller's social conscience affect his work?
Miller’s social conscience led to his voiced opinions which affected how much his work was publicized. His play “The Man Who Had All the Luck” was performed only 4 times before it was closed down and stopped running.
By Addie Eysink, Madeleine Contini, & Victoria Jones
6. What common theme or themes appear in his works?
He often wrote about social and moral responsibility; he normally incorporates aspects of his own life into his works
a. Born into a upper middle class family
b. Lost all their money in the great depression
c. Couldn’t afford college
i. Had to work himself to pay
d. Went to university of Michigan
e. Got high praise in college for his plays
a. Wrote death of a salesmen – got the Pulitzer Prize
b. Many awards and great reviews for the crucible
a. Brought to court
b. Admitted to attending a few communist meetings but did not return
c. It ruined him
d. Because of this, he wrote the crucible
"How Did Miller's Social Conscience Affect His Work?." Ask. Ask.com, n. d. Web. 22 Aug. 2013. <http://www.ask.com/question/how-did-miller-s-social-conscience-affect-his-work>.
The Telegraph. Telegraph Media Group Limited, n.d. Web. 20 Aug. 2013. <http://www.telegraph.co.uk/
"Arthur Miller." 2013. The Biography Channel website. Aug 21 2013, 12:42 http://www.biography.com/people/arthur-miller-9408335.
New York Times. Sam Falk, n.d. Web. 20 Aug. 2013. <http://www.nytimes.com/ref/theater/
Who Knew They Knew Each Other. Jake, 31 Aug. 2011. Web. 20 Aug. 2013.