Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Nina Rycroft
How Nina Rycroft created
words and pictures working together
will tell a story
to its full potential
- Designing the Page
- The stories Told
illustrations can provide
actual plot and concept information
The Stories Told
- are the 'actors'
- they provide the 'action'
illustrations are crucial to setting the tone and mood of a book
- a visual Map of the Area
- get inpiration from the
people/animals around you
- know your characters well
- the way
- their personality
How they relate to one another
- need consistency
- can be enhanced by the characters
illustrations can provide concept information
- sub-characters, characters
not mentioned in the text...
Sub-characters (not mentioned in the text) can add another dimension to the illustrations
& Page Layout
Composition - Laying out the image and the text
- the conscious
within a space
- angles and curves
- horizontal lines
- proportional relationship between
characters, illustration and text
- Placement and size of text
- text and illustration
must be well intergrated
- bring the reader into the story
- illustrations can provide
- character interaction can support
the plot or add a sub story
...can add another dimension
to the illustrations
- use the illustration to guide the eye across the page
Visit www.ninarycroft.com for more information about Nina and her books