Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Tall Tales
There are four key traits to a tall tale, a larger life or super human traits. The main character has a key job. The story is packed with action, and the story has a hilarious plot. A tall tale usually stars a hero or heroine who is larger than life- that is bigger, stronger, and even louder than a ordinary person.
Tall Tales are exaggerated, humorous stories about historical or imaginary humans and animals. They accomplish the ' impossible' in rugged environments.
Origins of Tall Tales
Most people believe that tall tales originated in America, but even ancient greeks had tall tales . tall tales really originated in the middle east around the late 1800's
Uses of tall tales
We got information from,
google.com american folklore.net
A tall tale is considered folk lore and this word was very famously coined by William Thomas in 1646.
People would use tall tales to teach lessons by exaggerating and letting them learn from the characters mistakes.
Paul Bunyan, Pecos Bill, Stormalong, Mike Fink, and Johnny Appleseed.