Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Teaching Second Grade Math With Technology
Transcript of Teaching Second Grade Math With Technology
•Present concepts in several ways, linking them to what students already know and checking frequently for understanding
•Teach students how to organize their thoughts using drawings, charts, outlines, thumbnails sketches, and computer generated flowcharts, spread sheets, and databases, etc.
•Encourage students to use technology as a user-friendly tool for learning
•Adapt materials to accommodate students with special needs GLE Continued:
1. Understand patterns, relations and functions
2. Represent and analyze mathematical situations and structures using algebraic symbols
3. Use mathematical models to represent and understand quantitative relationships
4. Analyze change in various contexts By: Alison Brandt, Bridget Norton, Nicole Zastrow, Natalie Mayhall, and Kayla Jackson GLE (Grade Level Expectations): Numbers and Operations:
1. Understand numbers, ways of representing numbers, relationships among numbers and number systems
2. Understand meanings of operations and how they relate to one another
3. Compute fluently and make reasonable estimates GLE Continued: Geometric and Spatial Relationships
1. Analyze characteristics and properties of two- and three-dimensional geometric shapes and develop mathematical arguments about geometric relationships
2. Specify locations and describe spatial relationships using coordinate geometry and other representational systems
3. Apply transformations and use symmetry to analyze mathematical situations GLE Continued: Measurement:
1. Understand measurable attributes of objects and the units, systems and processes of measurement
2. Apply appropriate techniques, tools and formulas to determine measurements
Data and Probability:
1. Formulate questions that can be addressed with data and collect, organize and display relevant data to answer them CLE (Course Level Expectations): Vocab of Second Grade Math:
attributes,commutative principle (law, rule or property), commutative property of addition, compose or decompose numbers, demonstrate fluency, expression, growing patterns, landmark numbers, model, number sentence, Parts of geometric figures, qualitative change SMART Board Usage:
1. Engage the entire class in number sequencing activities.
Looking for Patterns
Classroom Game Shows Counting Money Looking for Patterns Classroom Game Shows Spreadsheets Excel
Formulas http://www.schoolzone.com/software-workbook-combo/big-math-1-2-software-workbook Software/Websites -Big Math 1-2 http://www.ixl.com/math/grade-2 -Online Practice and Lessons DreamBox Software Jumpstart Math Smartboad 101 Importance of SMART Boards Students are more drawn to colors and respond better.
Accommodate different learning styles
All ages of students respond favorably to board
One-computer classrooms can maximize the use of limited computer access
Interactive and simple