Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
The Business Meeting Breakdown
Transcript of The Business Meeting Breakdown
a. Shomerit Ha-Brit: BBG's name
b. Menorah Pledge Principles
1. Citizenship: BBG's name
2. Jewish Heritage: BBG's name
3. Community Service: BBG's name
4. Philanthropy: BBG's name
5. Interfaith Relations: BBG's name
6. Tradition: BBG's name
7. Good Sisterhood: BBG's name
8. Prayer for World Jewry: BBG's name
II. Roll Call
III. Old Business
a. Points of Business
b. Any OLD/Tabled Motions
IV. New Business
a. Points of Business
b. Any NEW Motions
V. Closing Ceremonies
a. Shomerit Ha-Brit BBG's name Let's rewind quickly. A motion?!?! What is that? A motion is used to modify the constitution, or set of rules. Motions must be written before a meeting A motion should be written as such:
Maker: Name(s), position(s)
Second: Name(s), position(s)
Be it resolved that.......
When presented, a motion should be read to the body by the maker/second. From there, the N'siah will ask for dissent. If there is none, the motion passes. If there is, members can suggest to motion into things like pro/con, questions of wording and intent, a moderated caucus, or a vote. Pro/Con:
Yes or no questions about how the motion is phrased. Wording/Intent:
Representatives from 2 sides will provide equal amounts of pros and cons. Moderated Caucus:
Open discussion where anybody can talk (on a set time limit) Types of Votes:
Ballot Vote Need to leave the meeting? Say "ami" Uh Oh! The N'siah just rapped the gavel. What does that mean? 1 rap: sit down! 2 raps: be quiet! 3 raps: stand up! There you have it! All the basics of a BBG Business meeting...made SIMPLE! Check out this sample motion!