Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Uranus
Sarah Hughes Uranus Chemical Weather Uranus is the only planet rotates on its side. Unique Uranus 1. Cordelia 2.Ophelia 3. Bianca 4. Cressida 5. Desdemona 6. Juliet 7. Portia 8. Rosalind 9. Mab
10. Belinda 11. Perdita 12. Puck 13. Cupid 14. Francisco 15. Caliban 16. Stephano 17. Trinculo
18. Sycorax 19. Margaret 20. Prospero 21. Setebos 22. Ferdinand Moons Hubble found additional moons and rings around Uranus. NASA Research Physical Uranus is the coldest planet in the entire solar system Other History Uranus was discovered in 1781 by Caroline and William Herschel Some wanted to name it Herschal, but they called it Georgius Sidus, after King George III Bode suggested Uranus from the Greek God of the heavens Uranus is 4.5 billion years old Third largest planet in the solar system Seventh planet from the sun 31,690 miles in diameter, 4 times that of Earth 14 times the mass of Earth It takes 84.07 Earth years for Uranus to orbit the sun 91% the gravity of Earth 83% Hydrogen
2% methane Blue color from methane absorbing red In 1977, it took 9.5 years to reach Uranus Temperature around -350 degrees Fahrenheit Frozen gas planet with molten core Wind average of 560 mph One of coldest in solar system Learning Objectives:
1. What is Uranus made of?
2. What's the temperature of the planet?
3. How many moons does it have?
4. How does it rotate?
5. What is the location and how large is it compared to other planets? Sun is 900 times weaker on Uranus 30 times further from the sun than the Earth Lots of clouds There is absolutely no detail in the cloud cover. Uranus doesn't produce much heat compared to the other gas giants Uranus has five big moons It also has several small moons Voyager 2 is the only spacecraft to have flown by Uranus. A spacecraft came to near its cloudtop. A day in the north pole of Uranus lasts 84 Earth years It was the first planet to be discovered using a telescope. Uranus is the third largest planet in the Solar System Uranus spins on its side http://www.cosmicelk.net/Uranus.htm Bibliography http://enchantedlearning.com/subjects/astronomy/planets/uranus http://tgdaily.com/space-features/66939-the-bizarre-weather-of-uranus Mnemonic Device My
Nothing 1. Miranda 2.Ariel 3. Umbriel 4. Titania 5. Oberon Why Uranus is Way Way Better Than All of Your Projects The planet is named Uranus.