Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of MKTG1203: AIRLINES
288th in the global top 500 brands. Air Transport World Airline of the Year 2011 Founded in 1920 Brand Value of US$1026 Million 13th Largest Brand in Australia Founded in 1940 as Tasman Empire Airways Subsequently changed its name to Air New Zealand in 1965 Brand value US$359 Million 3rd Largest Brand in New Zealand Air Transport World Airline of the Year 2010 & 2012 Product Life Cycle New Product Development Growth Introduction Maturity Decline Hi Founded in 1985 Air Transport World Airline of the Year 2011 Founded in 1920 Brand Value of US$1026 Million 13th Largest Brand in Australia Brand Value of US$3.7 Billion
288th in the global top 500 brands. Wholly owned subsidiary of United Arab Emirates Founded in 1940 as Tasman Empire Airways Air Transport World Airline of the Year 2010 & 2012 Subsequently changed its name to Air New Zealand in 1965 3rd Largest Brand in New Zealand Brand value US$359 Million TOTAL PRODUCT CONCEPT CORE TRAVEL ACROSS LONG DISTANCES AND COUNTRIES A B EXPECTED FAST & EFFICIENT ADEQUATE SAFETY PROVISIONS AUGMENTED IMPROVED ON-BOARD ENTERTAINMENT AND COMMUNICATIONS SYSTEM IMPROVED COMFORT TECHNOLOGY AIMED AT REDUCING FUEL EMISSIONS POTENTIAL 'ALWAYS ONLINE' DATA RECEPTION FASTER AND MORE EFFICIENT NEW PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT INTRODUCTION GROWTH MATURITY DECLINE PRODUCT LIFE CYCLE CONSUMER BEHAVIOUR NEED/WANT RECOGNITION INFORMATION SEARCH EVALUATION OF OPTIONS PURCHASE DECISION POST PURCHASE DECISION COMMUNICATION BRANDING BRAND STRATEGIES BRAND EQUITY COMPONENTS BRAND LOYALTY PERCEIVED BRAND QUALITY BRAND ASSOCIATIONS INDIVIDUAL BRANDING FAMILY BRANDING BRAND EXTENSION POSITIONING RECOMMENDATION (QANTAS) QANTAS KNOWLEDGE EMIRATES AWARENESS “We exist to deliver
the world’s best
in-flight experience” Luxury High price = High quality Positioning
Statement Hello Tomorrow EMIRATES QANTAS Indulgence PLACE THE FOCUS BACK ON HIRING LOCAL EMPLOYEES GUARANTEES EMPLOYMENT IN QANTAS' FLIGHT CREW RE-ESTABLISH EMOTIONAL CONNECTION WITH AUSTRALIANS QANTAS QANTAS DEVELOPED A POSITIVE IMAGE USING ITS EXCELLENT SAFETY RECORD SAFETY NO LONGER ABLE TO GIVE IT THE COMPETITIVE EDGE OVER COMPETITORS RESPONDED TO CHANGING MARKET BY BUILDING AN EMOTIONAL CONNECTION WITH AUSTRALIA NOVEMBER 2011: QANTAS GROUNDED FLEET FOR 48 HOURS EXPRESSED CLEAR INTENT TO OUTSOURCE JOBS TO ASIA You're the reason we fly POSITIONING STATEMENT WHAT QANTAS NEEDS TO DO: A BRAND IS BUILT THROUGH DEEDS MORE THAN WORDS - IT IS HOW YOUR CUSTOMER EXPERIENCES WHAT YOU DO AIR NEW ZEALAND PROPHET DEVELOP A PRESENCE IN THE AUSTRALIAN COMMUNITY THAT EXTENDS BEYOND PROFIT-SEEKING MOTIVES Nothing to hide true differentiated positioning postions on product attributes cannot be offered by other companies AIR NEW ZEALAND POSITIONING STATEMENT “We strive to be number one in every market we serve by creating a workplace where teams are committed to our customers in a uniquely New Zealand way, resulting in superior returns” Emirates
- ATW Airline of the year 2011
- Innovation and luxury Qantas- Safety
- ‘Qantas never crashes’
Air New Zealand
- ATW Airline of the year 2010 and 2012
- Innovation- award winning sky couch Strengths and Weaknesses EmiratesStrengths:
- Size and Ability to establish Dubai as the Middle Easts travel hub
- In house corporate communications team of 100 professionals
- Continue to deliver on its promise of luxury and innovation Strengths:
- Leadership of Rob Fyfe
- Engagement of Staff
- Unawareness in the international market Air New Zealand Qantas Strengths:
- Emotional connection with the Australian people
- One of the worlds safest airlines
- Lost 46% of the companies value in 4 years
- Outsourcing jobs
- Grounding of entire fleet Air New Zealand Emirates WEBSITES 'NOTHING TO HIDE' Overall, big picture uniquely New Zealand experience motivates consumer loyalty ATW awards