Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Copy of 3D Printer
Transcript of Copy of 3D Printer
Virawil Chaichutpornsuk (Winnie)
What is 3D Printing?
How Does It Work?
What is it?
History of 3D Printing
1984 - First 3D printer was invented by Chuck Hull, co-founder, executive vice president and chief technology officer of 3D Systems, USA.
Early 2010's - There has been a large growth in sales and a substantial price drop.
2012 - Market is worth $2.2 billion according to Wohlers Associates, a consultancy.
3D Printable Models
- 3D printable models may be created with a computer aided design package or via 3D scanner
-The machine reads the design from 3D printable file and lays down successive layers of liquid, powder, paper or sheet material to build the model from a series of cross section.
-Higher-resolution subtractive process can be used to achieve greater precision.