Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Cultures of the Middle East
Transcript of Cultures of the Middle East
The Middle East
Diverse Cultures of S.W. Asia
Believe themselves to be descendants of Abraham through his son Ishamael; most practice the religion of Islam and call themselves Muslims.
Largest group of Muslims; make up 90%; believe that a member of the community should be Muhammad.
Make up 10% of Muslim world; believe that a family member should succeed Muhammad; live in modern day Iran and are also known as Persians.
Live in modern day Iran; ancestors were Indo-Europeans from central Europe and Southern Russia; they speak Farsi
live in different regions of the world mostly mountainous regions of Syria, Turky and Iraq and Iran; they believe themselve to be a "distinct" group of people in which they speak their own language. Most are Sunni Muslims.
SS7G8: The student will describe cultures of the people who live in Southwest Asia.