Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Teach Info Session 2014
Transcript of Teach Info Session 2014
Why should I be a teach?
But when does the fun start?!?!?
- Written applications are due
Wednesday, January 22nd by 4:30pm
- Please be sure to hand them to the CESA member in the Con-Ed office when completed so they do not get lost!
**WHEN YOU HAND IN YOUR APPLICATION:
Sign up as a group for one interview timeslot
Teach Info Night 2014
- You get to relive Frosh Week, but BIGGER, BETTER and in a completely different way than before!
- Your role as a teach is to be a leader/mentor/role model for the incoming class of Con-Ed students, and help transition them into life at university
- You will be specifically responsible
(with a group of other teaches) for planning one event during the week
When do I
have to be back
WE DON'T KNOW!!!
OK, this is only somewhat true...
- It'll likely be a few days before Frosh Week
- Around Aug. 28th
- You must be in good academic standing as defined by Arts and Science...
- Basically that means you
must maintain a C average
WHO ELSE LOVES KNOWLEDGE??
Remember that we are here to help you!!
- We can set up REAL FUN AND
INCREDIBLY EXCITING STUDY
GROUPS in classes like:
- PSYC100, BIOL102, CHEM112,
MATH121, ENGL100, HIST 121,
and more and more!!
If you have any questions
or think this may be an issue,
feel free to get in touch with
What does being a Teach
involve throughout the
TEACH NIGHTS OUT
- Mind-blowingly exciting social events
(and all of you!)
-The first one is on
Feb. 8th so make sure
that this date is free!!
- We'll have ~3-4 meetings
throughout this semester to plan and organize Frosh week!
(Choosing year song, slogan,
learning the teach dance and planning Frosh week events!)
- ORT (Orientation Round Table) are
responsible for essentially organizing
all faculties' Frosh weeks!
- ORT Training day is sometime in
mandatory for ALL orientation
from all faculties (Gaels, Capes, etc.)
- Part of your ORT training will involve signing a contract
- We will let you know far in advance when we find out the actual date!
POSITIVE SPACE TRAINING!
- We want to have all the teaches participate in a Positive Space Training session
- This is a really engaging and informative session which will provide valuable insight for Frosh week and beyond!
- More details for this event will follow!
The Cost of Being a Teach
- approx. $150
- This pays for:
- Teach Nights Out
- 24hour TEACH MYSTERY
- Meals and other fun activities!
PLEASE do not let the cost deter you from applying to be a Teach!!!!
- Bursaries will be available, and can be applied for through a confidential application process!
- We'll work things out :)
- If you have any questions or think this will be an issue, contact Will (email@example.com)
What are we
looking for in a teach?
(aside from tall, smart, good-looking people who can rock silver paint)
- A wide variety of people who embody
the great spirit and passion of our faculty!
- You do NOT have to be super crazy or loud
to be a Teach - we are looking for people who
can contribute to a
diverse and committed group of leaders
- The key is to be yourself!
"But I don't know who you are! I wasn't in your frosh group!!
It's great if you know us already, but if you don't... don't worry!! You aren't at a disadvantage if you don't know who we are or if you weren't in our frosh group!
Everybody has a totally equal and fair chance.
- Thurs. Jan. 30: 7:30pm - 10:30pm
- Fri. Jan. 31: 5:30pm - 11:00pm
- Sat. Feb. 1: 10:00am - 10:30pm
- Wed. Feb. 5: 6:00pm - 10:30pm
- Thurs. Feb. 6: 6:00pm - 10:30pm
- Fri. Feb. 7: 4:30pm - 9:00pm
** These dates will be posted outside the Con-Ed Office when you sign up as a group. Don't worry about writing them down!
please let us know ASAP if none of these times will work for you!!
How Interviews work:
- 4-6 people per group
- 90 minute interview
- Skit and cheer!!
- Be creative (make us laugh, giggle, smirk, smile and sneeze)
- After group performance, we'll ask in each applicant one by one:
- Icebreaker (FUN)
- Situational questions (SERIOUS)
- Please, please, please, please, PLEASE keep
completely OPEN... like all day, we aren't kidding!
on this day, regardless of whether or not you are chosen
- This is ALSO the night of the
- *+*WoOoOoO sOoOoO eXcItInG*+*
Contact us ANY TIME with ANY questions you may have:
(Head Teach) firstname.lastname@example.org
(Academics Teach) email@example.com
(Financial Teach) firstname.lastname@example.org
(Logistics Teach) email@example.com
(Social Teach) firstname.lastname@example.org
Good luck!! xoxo MaJiCKaL