Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Teach Info Session 2014
Transcript of Teach Info Session 2014
Why should I be a teach?
But when does the fun start?!?!?
- Written applications are due
Wednesday, January 22nd by 4:30pm
- Please be sure to hand them to the CESA member in the Con-Ed office when completed so they do not get lost!
**WHEN YOU HAND IN YOUR APPLICATION:
Sign up as a group for one interview timeslot
Teach Info Night 2014
- You get to relive Frosh Week, but BIGGER, BETTER and in a completely different way than before!
- Your role as a teach is to be a leader/mentor/role model for the incoming class of Con-Ed students, and help transition them into life at university
- You will be specifically responsible
(with a group of other teaches) for planning one event during the week
When do I
have to be back
WE DON'T KNOW!!!
OK, this is only somewhat true...
- It'll likely be a few days before Frosh Week
- Around Aug. 28th
- You must be in good academic standing as defined by Arts and Science...
- Basically that means you
must maintain a C average
WHO ELSE LOVES KNOWLEDGE??
Remember that we are here to help you!!
- We can set up REAL FUN AND
INCREDIBLY EXCITING STUDY
GROUPS in classes like:
- PSYC100, BIOL102, CHEM112,
MATH121, ENGL100, HIST 121,
and more and more!!
If you have any questions
or think this may be an issue,
feel free to get in touch with
What does being a Teach
involve throughout the
TEACH NIGHTS OUT
- Mind-blowingly exciting social events
(and all of you!)
-The first one is on
Feb. 8th so make sure
that this date is free!!
- We'll have ~3-4 meetings
throughout this semester to plan and organize Frosh week!
(Choosing year song, slogan,
learning the teach dance and planning Frosh week events!)
- ORT (Orientation Round Table) are
responsible for essentially organizing
all faculties' Frosh weeks!
- ORT Training day is sometime in
mandatory for ALL orientation
from all faculties (Gaels, Capes, etc.)
- Part of your ORT training will involve signing a contract
- We will let you know far in advance when we find out the actual date!
POSITIVE SPACE TRAINING!
- We want to have all the teaches participate in a Positive Space Training session
- This is a really engaging and informative session which will provide valuable insight for Frosh week and beyond!
- More details for this event will follow!
The Cost of Being a Teach
- approx. $150
- This pays for:
- Teach Nights Out
- 24hour TEACH MYSTERY
- Meals and other fun activities!
PLEASE do not let the cost deter you from applying to be a Teach!!!!
- Bursaries will be available, and can be applied for through a confidential application process!
- We'll work things out :)
- If you have any questions or think this will be an issue, contact Will (firstname.lastname@example.org)
What are we
looking for in a teach?
(aside from tall, smart, good-looking people who can rock silver paint)
- A wide variety of people who embody
the great spirit and passion of our faculty!
- You do NOT have to be super crazy or loud
to be a Teach - we are looking for people who
can contribute to a
diverse and committed group of leaders
- The key is to be yourself!
"But I don't know who you are! I wasn't in your frosh group!!
It's great if you know us already, but if you don't... don't worry!! You aren't at a disadvantage if you don't know who we are or if you weren't in our frosh group!
Everybody has a totally equal and fair chance.
- Thurs. Jan. 30: 7:30pm - 10:30pm
- Fri. Jan. 31: 5:30pm - 11:00pm
- Sat. Feb. 1: 10:00am - 10:30pm
- Wed. Feb. 5: 6:00pm - 10:30pm
- Thurs. Feb. 6: 6:00pm - 10:30pm
- Fri. Feb. 7: 4:30pm - 9:00pm
** These dates will be posted outside the Con-Ed Office when you sign up as a group. Don't worry about writing them down!
please let us know ASAP if none of these times will work for you!!
How Interviews work:
- 4-6 people per group
- 90 minute interview
- Skit and cheer!!
- Be creative (make us laugh, giggle, smirk, smile and sneeze)
- After group performance, we'll ask in each applicant one by one:
- Icebreaker (FUN)
- Situational questions (SERIOUS)
- Please, please, please, please, PLEASE keep
completely OPEN... like all day, we aren't kidding!
on this day, regardless of whether or not you are chosen
- This is ALSO the night of the
- *+*WoOoOoO sOoOoO eXcItInG*+*
Contact us ANY TIME with ANY questions you may have:
(Head Teach) email@example.com
(Academics Teach) firstname.lastname@example.org
(Financial Teach) email@example.com
(Logistics Teach) firstname.lastname@example.org
(Social Teach) email@example.com
Good luck!! xoxo MaJiCKaL