Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
computer security threats
Transcript of computer security threats
Insaf Torab 150,000,000 is the number of computers remotly controlled by attackers 6,000 daily or 1 every 14 seconds are the Web pages that can infect your system by simply looking at them 88% the percentage of computer owners that use their home computer for online banking, storing financial information and health records. everything you do in your computer maybe at harm. either for computer hackers or just for anyone that might happen to find out a password that why we need good computer security policies so what is a good security policy? Integrity Availability confidentiality information should not be disclosed to unauthorized users information should not be modified in an unauthorized manner system or resource shall be available for use as intended Intruders Hackers Criminals Insider Attacks Gain access to a computer illegally
- usually high level of competence
- share their findings
- look for targets of opportunity - organized groups of hackers are a common modern threat
- typically young
- usually have specific targets
- have access to and knowledge of internal systems and processes
- often motivated by revenge or a feeling of entitlement
- usually been with company for a fairly long time
- often times trusted
Malware It is software designed and developed for the purpose specifically to damage or disrupts a single computer, server, or computer network.
it can come in many disguises:
- Application Programs.
- Utility Programs. Logic Bombs Trojan Horse code embedded in a legitimate program that will “explode” at a given time or when certain conditions are met:
- presence or absence of certain files
- particular day of the week or date
- particular user using the application
program that contains hidden code that, when invoked, causes harm to the system or system infrastructure it was launched from
Viruses Do you have a Facebook account?? - code embedded within a
program that causes a copy of
itself to be inserted in other
programs and performs some
- Infects other programs Life cycle of a Virus Virus Structure Avoiding Detection how to create a Funny Virus? Worms - program that can replicate itself and send copies to computers across the network and performs some unwanted function
- Uses network connections to spread from system to system
Worm Propagation Worm propagation Exercice consider the following fragment:
if data is Friday the 13th
what type of malicious softawre is this? Conclusion - security concepts - Intruders - Malware integrity confidentiality Availability Hackers Criminals Insider Attacks Logic Bomb Trojan Horse Viruses Worms damage like this