Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Inquiry
Based on Learning Theories
The Need for Inquiry
Sample NGSS documents
Using your textbook and the Inquiry handout, work with your group to develop, design,create, a visual representation of the importance of inquiry-based teaching and learning in today's schools.
Piaget and Vygotsky
- learning theories inform our teaching, they are not instructional strategies
The Next Generation Science Standards...to the rescue!
Based on 3 overriding concepts:
* Disciplinary Core Ideas
* Cross-Cutting Concepts
A Metaphor for Inquiry-Based Teaching
Inquiry-Based Teaching and Learning
* Need inquiry-based instruction/learning in order to understand the Nature of Science and a depth of understanding of the content, process, and skills
5 E Model
Let's experience a 5E Model Lesson
Can you identify each step of the 5E Model in the lesson "Sheep in a Jeep?"
The problems that exist in the world today cannot be solved by the level of thinking that created them. - Albert Einstein
Turn to your elbow partner...
Given what we know about learning theories...how does this relate to inquiry-based teaching and learning?