Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Comparative and Superlative Adjectives
Transcript of Comparative and Superlative Adjectives
Adjective used to compare the difference Superlative
Adjective used to compare three nouns, Five rules for
Comparative Adjectives 1. Single syllable
if the adjective is a single syllable,
simply add "er" small - smaller
hard - harder 2. Doubling last letter
if the adjective a single syllable
ends with a consonant, vowel, consonant
double the last letter and then add "er" is and fat - fatter
big - bigger 3. Ends in "y"
if the adjective ends in "y",
remove the "y" and add "ier" hungry - hungrier
happy - happier 4. Using More #1
if the adjective has two syllables or more
end in a "y"
add the word "more" before it and doesn't expensive - more expensive
awesome - more awesome 5. Using More #2
if the adjective ends in "y"
has three or more syllables
add the word "more" before it and satisifactory - more satisfactory
between two nouns. the end of the scale.