Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
MS Cyber-Sexual Harassment Prevention
Transcript of MS Cyber-Sexual Harassment Prevention
Why & How to Help...
friend us on facebook!
when the internet, cell phones, or other devices are used to send or post images/text that hurts or embarrasses another person.
Stand if you know of someone who has...
spread rumors or lies through texts, chat, posts or emails.
written hateful messages.
pretended to be someone else online or has hacked into someone else's account.
participated in some sort of website or poll created to bash someone else.
taken and/or posted photos or videos meant to embarass or humiliate someone else.
texted or posted threats.
used online technologies to get revenge against someone else.
If you were invisible for 24 hours...
Public Service Announcement (PSA)
Public Service Announcement (PSA)
What YOU can do...
1. Be careful. Anything you send or post could be seen by anyone and everyone.
2. Don’t participate. Don’t post, forward, view, laugh, etc.
3. Let the victim know what’s going on.
4. Support the victim. That person probably feels very isolated and alone.
5. Speak up. Tell the bullies/harassers that it’s not funny.
6. Report. Report. Report. If you see or experience cyberbullying or harassment, print it, save it and bring it to a trusted adult.
What will YOU do?
Unwanted verbal or physical behavior that is sexual in nature.
Discriminating against or attacking someone based on gender, body, or relationships.
Your Online Community is GROWING!
We <3 technology...
Who is SARSSM?
What is cyber-sexual harassment?
Why can cyber-bullying hurt more than in-person bullying?
How do I support victims of cyber-harssment?
How do I stay safe online?
How will you get your school involved?
Greely Middle School
Sexual Harassment that uses technology to hurt or embarrass another person.
being a digitial Citizen
Acting civilized, polite, and kind while communicating with others online.
Being actively concerned when someone else is hurt or behaving in an aggressive or rude manner online.
It Gets better Campaign
"Be brave and fantastic
because it gets better."
...how can you help?
"with great power, comes great responsibility..."
Cyber-Sexual Harassment Prevention
Using Technology to Promote Action & Prevent Violence
What is Harassment?
How will this affect my reputation?
How will this make the people involved feel?
What's my gut feeling about this?
Most students know how to be kind online and choose not to bully.
My photo isn't private!!!!?
share a compliment and make someone's day
Think and Write: Please answer the following questions on your worksheet!
Think about a time when you saw someone being harassed online or you knew people were spreading rumors or pictures about someone through texts, snapchats or social media...
1. how did you feel when you saw or heard about that harassment? How is that person being harassed feeling?
2. What are some reasons that you might be tempted to not help that person who is being harassed?
3. If no one chooses to help that person, what might happen? Who else is affected by the cyber harassment besides that one victim of harassment?
BEFORE YOU POST
gross sexual assault
Unwanted sexual behavior at school that interferes with a student’s right to receive an equal education
asking for sexual photos
texting about sex
sending nude photos
asking for sexual favors via text/email
texting hate language such as:
"gay", "slut", "fag", "lesbo" etc...
Forwarding or sharing a friend's pic or message without their permission
Would I say this to someone's face?
Anything you share, post, send, or snap becomes public information.