Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of water :)
connections Standard 6b: Trash/Waste
Standard 6d: Water Conservation why we chose this topic: More than 3.4 million people die each year from water related diseases.
We want to be able to teach young minds how to save and conserve water so they can share & put their knowledge to use. Experiment: materials:
measuring spoon Water pollution & conservation by: Alex, Patrick, Juan & Angel Steps: Step 1: Pour water and dirt into a cup and stir.
Step 2: Add a funnel and 1 or more coffee filters to the other cup.
Step 3: After stirring, pour the dirty water into the other cup with the funnel and filters.
Step 4: Compare
Wait about 5-10 minutes for water to pass through as clean, drinkable water. Enjoy! Exit slip 1. In your own words,define pollution & conservation.
2. What are 3 ways that you can conserve water?
3. How can you reduce water pollution? Aqua Force Don't waste the world's blood. http://www.sheknows.com/living/articles/807943/water-conservation-get-the-facts Articles Citings Borboa, Michele. "Water Conservation: Get the facts." Entertainment | Recipes | Love | Contests | Beauty | Parenting. N.p., n.d. Web. 1 Mar. 2009.http://www.sheknows.com/living/articles/807943/water-conservation-get-the-facts facts about water Pollution solutions water conservation Approximately 1 million miles of pipelines and aqueducts carry water in the United States and Canada. That's enough to circle the earth 40 times.
more fresh water is stored underground Industries released 197 million pounds of toxic chemicals into waterways in 1990 alone The average five-minute shower takes between 25-50 gallons of water.
the U.S. uses about 346,000 million gallons of fresh water per day
an adults body is made up of about 70% of water Roughly 12 percent of the world's population, or 884 million people, do not have access to safe water 90% of waste water in developing countries is discharged into rivers or streams without any treatment. 4. What is one fact about water? conservation: organizations that plan to clean up areas full of pollution
do not litter/pick up trash when you see it
avoid washing car oil and gas leaking from cars into the sewer system preservation,protection or restoration of the natural environment ways to conserve water: turn off water when not in use
take shorter showers
fix leaking faucets
only do laundry when loads are full
instead of letting used water go to waste,use it to water plants Pollution: presence of a substance or thing that has harmful or poisonous effects. "Facts About Water." Welcome to the Greensville County Water and Sewer Authority. N.p., n.d. Web. 28 Feb. 2013.
Jorgensen, Amy. "What Are Possible Solutions to Water Pollution? | eHow.com." eHow | How to Videos, Articles & More - Discover the expert in you. | eHow.com. N.p., n.d. Web. 28 Feb. 2013.
Scott, Mat. "40 shocking facts about water | Matador Network." Matador Network | travel culture worldwide. N.p., 30 June 2009. Web. 28 Feb. 2013.
"Water Pollution - Solutions." ThinkQuest : Library. N.p., n.d. Web. 28 Feb. 2013 Our Mission Aqua Force: Pollution can affect ecosystems disasterly Pollution is difficult to clean and to get rid off In water it affects all organisms that inhabit there Pollution releases a lot of CO2 in the atmosphere causing more chances of global warming Our mission is to raise money to clean bodies of water in California and to gain support from people all over the world to conserve water.The littlest things can save us thousands of gallons of water.we want to install water efficient devices."Like" us on facebook.the more likes,the more water can be saved
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Aqua-force/472013339530638 http://www.pbs.org/newshour/updates/world/jan-june11/haitiwater_02-28.html why the US? people do not pay attention to the amount of water that they are using
most of us enjoy long showers which wastes a lot of water
swimming pools or getting wet in the summer uses up many gallons of water
most use water for any little thing our product you can also look for our product in our companies. it's a easy use
filter that anyone can try an will leave you water clean enough to