Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Unit 15: Sports Injuries
Transcript of Unit 15: Sports Injuries
copy and paste as needed and take advantage of an infinite canvas!
- Shorting of blood Supply to the site
- Blood Viscosity
- Identifies trauma and act as an adhesive to stop blood loss.
- Blood vessel expands and allow natural blood flow
By Michael Adeniyi Fayeun
Duration: (0 - 6 Days)
Caused by a macro trauma
Damaged blood vessels
Duration: (3 - 21 Days)
Angiogenesis - Production of vessels
Fibroblast activity - Reformation of cells
Scar tissue fulled by nutrients
Duration: (Up to a 1year)
Soft tissues begin to remodel (3weeks post injury)
3-4 weeks tensile strength of wound is 25% of normal strength
Collagen fibers Help to remodel tissue
Proliferation/ Healing Response
Research (Article 1)
Sports Players Psychological Response To Injury
- Angry at themselves for making the injury occur/ They have to wait for their injury to heal
- They cannot take part in physical activity
- They are unable to do the sport they enjoy most
Looking For A Quick Way Out
- Try to get back into the sport as quick as possible/ Attempt to see what good can come from this.