Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Creativity
What is it? What does it mean to you? On the paper, jot down or draw things that you think of when you hear "creativity." This could be a word, definition, memory, or image! By Jessica Milstrey cre·a·tiv·i·ty (noun)
The use of the imagination or original ideas, esp. in the production of an artistic work. Sources:
http://www.adobe.com/aboutadobe/pressroom/pressreleases/201204/042312AdobeGlobalCreativityStudy.html?goback=%2Egde_2316564_member_110434454 Where has all of the creativity gone?? art class in elementary school
projects in class
Elementary vs. Middle vs. High School IT DOES NOT HAVE TO BE THIS WAY! What makes people creative?
which side of the brain?
nature vs. nurture Why does the work place stifle creativity?
And why aren't some people very creative? most workers are more creative than their jobs allow them to be!
many people start their own businesses for this reason 1. Second Guessing
2. Too many rules
4. Narcissism Typical Qualities of Creative People:
1. Have the COURAGE to try new things and risk failure.
2. Use INTUITION as well as logic to make decisions and produce ideas
3. Like to PLAY, since humor and fun are the ultimate creative act
4. Are EXPRESSIVE and willing to share what they feel and think, to be themselves
5. Can FIND ORDER in confusion and discover hidden meaning in information
6. Are MOTIVATED BY A TASK rather than by external rewards
7. Have a need to FIND SOLUTIONS to challenging problems
8. Will CHALLENGE ASSUMPTIONS and ask hard questions to discover what is real
9. Can MAKE CONNECTIONS between old ideas to produce new insights.
10. Will PUSH THE ENVELOPE in order to expand the boundaries of what is possible Education plays a HUGE part in CREATIVITY There are so many things teachers can do in their classrooms to inspire creativity in their students Things teachers can do in their classroom to initiate creativity keep it colorful
diversity of topics or projects
students should take control
mix up the mediums
avoid one method of teaching
incorporate art as often as possible
open ended activities
For students who are not as creative, have starting points available
individual vs. paired vs. group work
have a variety of art supplies available for students to use in class, but also at home
class government, newsletters, or jobs The Role of the Parent: Why is creativity so important? expression of the self
helps individuals display their thoughts and ideas
practices problem solving skills
helps people focus and calms them down
stimulates our brains
music, movies, television, food children need to be stimulated at a young age
parents can provide games, crafts, or activities for their kids that allow them to use creativity
creativity does not have to be expensive How creative are you? You will have two minutes to brainstorm as many uses as you can for the object pictured on the screen. You can draw or write the uses you come up with! Why is creativity an issue?
It's not! The problem is that it is disappearing from daily life! Any questions?
Thank you! :) On the pieces of paper are incomplete figures. You will have two minutes to finish the drawing anyway you would like! Look how creative we are! Tape or glue your drawing onto the original paper we brainstormed on! These were just some examples of tests that psychologists perform on people to test their creativity. State of Create Study (Adobe) The following video was created to make a point about creativity. Watch it and see if you can figure out what it is. Puppets and clay represent a child audience
Cannot draw the clown because she didn't say to or want it to happen
"Green" isn't a creative color- says who?
puts his heart into being creative
behind the scenes with the video cameras represents how Hollywood is controlling children like puppets
normal kitchen turns into pure turmoil
The point: The media is abusing their creative license and is pumping children's heads with morbid and inappropriate ideas