Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Texas History
By: Patricia Baltierrez
design by Dóri Sirály for Prezi
Unit 1 Being A Historian
Unit 2 Being A Geographer
Unit 3 Native Americans: The First Texans
Unit 5 Mexican Nationals and Empresarios
Declaration of Independence
The Indians where the first Texans followed huge animals called mammoths , mastodons and giant bison.
There are 4 types of Indians
The Regions of Texas
Areas with similar physical, cultural, economic,and/or human characteristics.
The various landforms physical geography, and climate give each Texas region its unique character
- something or someone that was there.
someone or something that interprets an event or thing.
- Flat land and gently rolling hills
North Central Plains
- Rolling hills, lakes and canyons
- The flattest spot on the North American Continent. Mostly grassland with very few naturally growing trees.
- very little precipitation. Desert with sand dunes over 40' tall. Sparse vegetation.
- caddo were farmers, hunted dear,fished.
- karankawa fishermen, hunter gatherer type.
- comanche fierce warriors and hunters.
Excellent horse men.
- jumanos tradders, lived in houses made
in adobe (mud bricks)
Unit 4 Europeans in Texas
Early explorers- Spanish people taking over nature
over native americans territory.
On August 3, 1492 Columbus departed Europe and sailed the ocean and discovered the ''New World''.
Hernan Cortes landed his army of 600 soldiers in 1682.
Rene Robert Cavelier sieur de La Salle was a french explorer.
La Salle left to his first expedition in 1682 and claim the land for France.
La Salle left to find other settlements and one of his ships left to France and the other ship had a shipwreck and the colonists were stranded.
La Salle was murdered by one of his followers on March of 1687.
Alonso Alvarez de Pineda mapped the coast of Texas on 1519.
Francisco Vasques de Coronado was a spanish explorer.
Alvar Nunez Cabeza de Vaca was a spanish explorer that was shipwrecked on 1527.
Rene Robert cavelieur Sieur de La Salle
Stephen F. Austin
''The Father of Texas''
empresarios-a bussiness man
Moses Austin began bringing americans to Texas.
Moses Austin died and wished his son Stephen F. Austin continue his work.
Austin signed a contract so he would be allowed to bring 300 american families to Texas.
The 300 americans were known as ''The Old 300''
Unit 6 Revolution and Republic
Unit 7 Early Statehood
Unit 8 U.S Civil War reconstruction
Unit 9 Texas Government
Unit 10 Cotton, Cattle and railroads
Unit 11 oil
Bias is an opininion
that is usually ungfair
How to read a map?
-1st look for the title
-2nd locate key or legend
-3rd draw a conclusion