Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Author Presentation: John Green
Transcript of Author Presentation: John Green
He was born in Indianapolis, Indiana and attended boarding school in Alabama and graduated from Kenyon College. After college he planned on becoming a minister but while working at a children’s hospital as a chaplain, he was inspired to become a writer after hearing the children's stories.
He now lives in Indianapolis with his wife and two kids and while he is still writing, he is also very well known on the internet.
His Works: YA Author
Looking for Alaska (Winner, 2006 Michael L. Printz Award for best book written for teens, based entirely on its literary merit)
An Abundance of Katherine's (a 2007 Michael L. Printz Honor book and a finalist for the Los Angeles Times Book Prize)
Paper Towns (#5 on the New York Times bestseller list and won the 2009 Edgar Award for Best Young Adult Mystery)
Will Grayson(#3 on the New York Times bestseller list for children’s chapter books)
The Fault in Our Stars (#1 New York Times bestseller January 2012)
Very Strong Social Media Presence
-- This is a channel that John and his brother created as a fun project and it has moved on to a channel with 1,480,000 subscribers. They say that their channel does not have a consistent theme; they just talk about what is interesting to them like politics, religion, John’s books, family and observations about the world.
- Crash Course
This is the brothers other Youtube channel. It is an educational channel teaching courses to help students in high school and college with the subjects of chemistry taught by Hank and US History taught by John Green.
Twitter/ Instagram/ Tumblr/ Reddit
-He really tries to connect with his fans through his various social media websites and although he has a huge fan base from being an author he also has a fan base from Youtube. Hank and John created VidCon, a Youtube convention where Youtube content creators and viewers can meet and interact which is held once a year in California.
-Quotes from his books are all over the internet.
J.D. Salinger's Catcher in the Rye because he says it invented the market for the kinds on books he writes.
Genre: Teen literature/ Young Adult (Romance, Fiction)
- I read all of his books in high school except Will Grayson.
- They were fast reads because the story draws you in.
- They are in the genre of young adult because the characters are teenagers.
- They are not just love stories; they examine other issues as well (drugs, death, suicide, cancer, etc.)
- Audience is both females and males.
Movie in 2014