Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
orbitals and electron configuration
Transcript of orbitals and electron configuration
to be memorized
# of sublevels
Order that Electrons Fill: 1s 2s 2p 3s 3p 4s 3d 4p 5s 4d 5p 6s 4f 5d 6p 7s 5f 6d 7p
3s 3p 3d
4s 4p 4d 4f
5s 5p 5d 5f
6s 6p 6d
Three pieces of information for each orbital
Number of electrons in that orbital
You must be able to write these for our test next
They are used to describe where electrons
around the nucleus of an atom.
because electrons are wierd
Because they behave like this we need to describe them with these orbitals
Lets try it.
The more electrons there are...
The longer the electron configuration
Afterwards, complete this
Auf bau diagrams
1. electrons will fill the lowest energy orbital available
2. electrons will fill one sublevel before filling the next and pairs will have opposite spin(Hund's rule)
3. electrons will fill the same sublevel one orbital at a time, but different orbitals will have the same spin
(Pauli exclusion principle)
Pg 271 1-7
Pg 308 35-44